In booking or participating on a Trip and other related products and/or services (“Trip”) with Pink Coconuts, you (“you”) agree to our Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) below.
In booking a Trip, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to our Terms.
Booking your Trip and booking contract
- To make a booking please follow the procedure shown on our website. The relevant application form needs to be completed by each person travelling.
- A booking contract is confirmed once Pink Coconuts has sent you a written confirmation of your Trip after the receipt of the applicable deposit amount of your Trip. We will then send you a receipt for all payments made and our invoice. It is advised to check your confirmation, invoice and Trip itinerary carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to Pink Coconuts.
- The person making the booking must be at least 18 years of age at the time of booking.
- A minimum deposit of USD$3,000.00 dollars per person must accompany the booking. We also offer and encourage an installment plan with 50% of the Trip payment made by a minimum of 3 months prior to departure. In any case the full balance must be received by us by 6 weeks prior to departure. Bookings made within 6 weeks require immediate full payment. ** (I've added this specifically for the queer tech week in case you need it for planning purposes in terms of reduced rates etc)
- If, for any reason, the balance (including any surcharge where applicable) is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled by you. If we do not cancel straight away because you have promised to make payment, the cancellation policy shown below will apply depending on the date we reasonably treat your booking as cancelled.
- We reserve the right to make changes to and correct errors in quoted prices at any time before your Trip is confirmed. We will advise you of any error of which we are aware and of the then applicable price at the time of booking.
- Please advise us of any special requests prior to making your booking. Where possible, we will endeavour to meet or arrange for our suppliers to meet any such request. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
Pink Coconuts accepts the following forms of payment
- Debit Cards
- Credit Cards - including Visa, Mastercard and American Express
- Bank Transfers
If you make an overpayment and wish for a refund, a handling charge will apply. This is due to the processing charges incurred.
Cancellations of bookings must be made in writing by email. Your notice of cancellation will only be considered effective when it is received in writing by us.
Refunds will be available as follows:
- 100% refundable within 72 hours of making the booking.
- 50% refundable until 30 days prior to Trip departure.
- Within 30 days of the Trip, non refundable.
- However, cancellations on short notice will be dealt with on a case by case basis and when possible, and through discussions with Pink Coconuts’ partners, we will try our best to refund costs where possible.
- You may transfer your place to someone else (introduced by you) if you are prevented from travelling, provided we are notified not less than 2 weeks before departure and subject to practicality of changing certain bookings made in your name. All costs and charges incurred by us and/or incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers as a result must be paid before the transfer can be effected. Any overdue balance payment must also be received.
Changes and Cancellation by Us
- Due to the operating conditions imposed by owners and operators of accommodation and other facilities, we may have to make changes in advertised and confirmed details and also cancel confirmed bookings which we must reserve the right to do.
- Please note that certain Trips may require a minimum number of participants (** added this for the queer tech community week) to enable us to operate them. If the minimum number of bookings required for a particular Trip is not reached, we are entitled to cancel the Trip. We will notify you of cancellation for this reason no less than 28 days prior to departure.
- Most changes made by us will be minor. Occasionally, we have to make more significant changes. A significant change is one made before departure which can reasonably be expected to have a major effect on your Trip. If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
- In the case of significant changes, accepting the changed arrangements; OR
- Purchasing an alternative Trip from us, of a similar standard to that originally booked if available. We will offer you at least one alternative Trip of equivalent or higher standard for which you will not be asked to pay any more than the price of the original Trip. If this Trip is cheaper than the original one, we will refund the price difference. If you do not wish to accept the Trip(s) we specifically offer you, you may choose any of our other available Trips, however you must pay the applicable price of the Trip you choose. This means; you paying more if the chosen Trip is more expensive or receiving a refund of the price difference if it is cheaper OR
- A full refund.
Please note that the above options are only available for significant changes. They are not available where any change made is a minor one.
- Compensation will however not be payable and no liability beyond offering the above mentioned choices will be accepted where: We are forced to make a change or cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control such as force majeure, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care.
- No compensation will be payable and the above options will not be available if we cancel as a result of failure to comply with any requirement of these booking conditions entitling us to cancel (such as paying on time) or where minor changes are made.
- Very rarely, we may be forced by “force majeure” to change or terminate your Trip either before departure or after departure but before the scheduled end of your Trip. If this situation does occur, we regret will be unable to make any refunds (unless we obtain any refunds from our partners*), pay you any compensation or meet any costs or expenses you may incur as a result.
- “Force majeure” here refers to any event which we or any of the suppliers of our services for the Trip could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid, thus precluding performance. These events may include, whether actual or threatened, war, riot, civil strife, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination, prohibitions or other measures on the part of any governmental authority preventing or hindering performance, adverse weather, terrorist activity, fire and all other events outside beyond our reasonable control.